Modern smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete basic security chores like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these things in the future? With geofencing in Milwaukee, you can just leave the driveway and make your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Milwaukee For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your residence, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your property, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home security system in Milwaukee. When you download the security app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific equipment engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Design scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Milwaukee
Whether you seek added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our representatives today at (414) 376-0805 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.